Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 10, 2017

Waching daily Oct 31 2017

Growing up my family would always encourage me to become a doctor, a nurse, a dentist,

or just anything medical.

But I wanted to pursue business.

I'm a problem solver, I work well with others, and I enjoy challenging myself, which is why

I want to become a business administrator.

More specifically, I've chosen to pursue health care administration so that I can have the

best of bother worlds.

I get to be part of the medical field, but I also get to pursue my passion.

Junior year, I started my college search, I knew that where I had to go would have to value

diversity, have a great community mindset, and give me the proper tools for my future

career.

Within minutes of researching health care administration degrees, the name Babson appeared

and I immediately added it to my college list.

Along with Babson's values, its renowned business program is what sparked my interest in applying.

Soon I got emails and post cards from Babson encouraging me to apply, and they did, which

has led me to this moment, right now, applying.

For more infomation >> Babson Undergrad Essay Video - Duration: 1:03.

-------------------------------------------

u5616848 - Visionary Video - Duration: 5:24.

Hi everyone, thank you for taking your time in attending this talk

First I would like to ask every audience to raise their hand if you think that I look great today

Thank you for raising your hand

From the outside perspective the notion that I'm disabled is absurd

I can study, hold on a job and run I'm not physically impaired and to date I have been

relatively successful in my study

Nonetheless, I'm battle a creeping disability daily - Chronic Depression

"But you seemed happy"

"You have friends"

"You're sociable"

"I seen you eat"

"You look healthy"

" You doesn't look depressed"

That is all the response I received when is discussing my struggles

In reality is, that despite I seem happy and sociable I'm still chronically unwell

as such I require extra time to complete my projects,

to rest and take care of my health

Living with chronic mental illness is exhausting in a way

that cannot be explained to those who do not understand

We tend to hide our real feeling to avoid others worrying us

Sometimes the tiredness is perpetual and fails to be remedied by sleep.

Likewise, I have had to finish my work in the reduced hours

due to the number of days where I am simply overwhelmed

with negative emotions and cannot function.

Sometimes I worry the people who see me lazy when I'm late or absent

in the team meeting, even they assure me that it is okay

I feel responsible to work twice as hard to prove that I am not a work-dodger

that I didn't come in late because of a fancy lie

Although my disability is not visible, it is real.

I feel perpetually judged by those around me

even though I know that it is not the case

It's taken me many years to figure out how to manage my disability

in a way that allows me to enjoy life.

My time at ANU, I took all the responsibility on my own,

which leads to me burn out and

eventually I couldn't take it anymore then decides to take a semester break on 2016.

For a long time, I often felt guilty for the extra help

and support I had to get through my degree;

I felt like that I wasn't good enough to study at ANU.

I feel that my disability and associated side effects

weren't the valid reasons for needing the extra help.

However, after receiving help from the student mental health association,

I realised that I am, in fact, living with a disability

that there is no shame in needing reasonable adjustments to manage that.

I am lucky to stand here and share my experience with you.

I can accept my disability and figure out a way to balance my mental health

along with my academic development.

It has been challenging to realise that I may never be able to live in a normal way,

however, I have learned that disability do not have to get in the way of success.

In this year, I have grown both personally and professionally,

which is a form of success,

alongside delivering this speech I encourage everyone

to be aware of this issue

Do it for your friends,

For your families

The research, by Headspace,

indicates that there is one in three Australian students had thought of suicide or self-harm

over the 12 months,

the number is extremely high,

and it should be a point of concern to the community.

The increased workload, deadlines, relationship problems and financial hardships

those are some of the common struggle among students

which causes the stress.

65 percent of the students also reported to have high levels of psychological stress,

which suffered panic attacks, had suffer trouble in sleeping and experiencing hopelessness.

From the statistics, we know that many people are living with disabilities,

both external or within ANU Community,

facing unfair judgement and expectations from peers, managers,

lecturers, tutors, and other people around them

To change this, it is important for us to share this experience, help and support each other.

To the victim of chronic depression,

when we encounter situation what we could not handle ourself,

such as negligence or unfair treatment,

it is vital for us to speak out against and change it.

Despite, this is a difficult thing to do

as it places us in a very vulnerable position,

it is necessary that we stay together in facing our fear, stand up and seek help.

Although it took a lot of effort to stand for yourself in bringing the small differences in your life,

at least you will know how much your community care about you

You are not alone

To our fellow friends and the ANU community,

it is necessary to take action to create a safe place and appropriate structures for disabled persons to speak up

and seek the support that they need.

If you have noticed that a friend, family member or student is stressed or anxious.

Speak and help them to find the available sources of professional or local help.

Big things always start from the beginning.

A little effort from you could change a person world.

For more infomation >> u5616848 - Visionary Video - Duration: 5:24.

-------------------------------------------

Video Making Tips - Are You Making These Common Mistakes? - 1 Minute Moment #95 - Duration: 2:00.

Yeah right, it was so embarrassing, yeah, oops

Hello we were just discussing some of the mistakes that I've made shooting

videos over the years and that's what we're going to talk about in this week's

1-minute moment, the common mistakes that people make when they shoot video

You know what we all make mistakes when we shoot video, we make mistakes all the

time, I've made some big ones. This week we're going to look at the common

mistakes that people make so at least you can avoid those ones. And if I don't

fit it all into one minute that's okay because you can go and read all my tips

on the blog. I've one minute let me set my timer. We get the lighting wrong we

make everything too bright or too dark so people can't see. It's really

tempting to look at yourself when you're shooting video when in fact you should

be looking at the lens, at the viewer, hello there. We shoot it the wrong angles

Unless you're doing it for effect don't crop your head off and don't give yourself

too much headroom, nobody's interested in this. There could be busy stuff or wrong

stuff going on in the background. One time I had towels hanging on my radiator

behind me, so embarrassing. We can have weird noise going on in the background [weird noise] so just

have a listen before you shoot is there an angle grinder, a machine, a cat going meow?

And we don't pause before we start speaking and we don't pause when we

finish speaking so it's really hard to edit out at the end point. so just like that

Look at where our head is in the background is there something, arrghh. Finally practice do

lots and lots of takes and pick the best ones do you think they get it right

every time when they do it in the movies?

For more infomation >> Video Making Tips - Are You Making These Common Mistakes? - 1 Minute Moment #95 - Duration: 2:00.

-------------------------------------------

Telethon Speech & Hearing - 2017 Telethon Beneficiary Video - Duration: 1:32.

Hi! Welcome to Telethon Speech & Hearing, come on in! Class is in and these little

ones are working hard. This is just one of a number of early intervention

programs at Telethon Speech & Hearing helping young kids get the best start.

Talkabout is a program for children with language delays and disorders and we

support the children's language development through play based

activities and experiences.

Four talkabout programs are on offer here,

catering for children from 18 months to five years of age. Even the very young

are well looked after. This is the Chatterbox program an early

intervention group for children with hearing loss from newborn to four years

of age. We have a number of professionals who work with our children with a

hearing loss they range from speech pathologists, teachers of the deaf, audiologists,

psychologists and occupational therapists and we work together as a

team to help our families achieve the goals for their children. We wouldn't be

able to run the amazing early intervention services we do for our

families and children if it wasn't for the generous support of Telethon so we

are incredibly grateful.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét