Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 10, 2017

Waching daily Oct 31 2017

Hi guys Jess here from the Scrappy Sisters so today I am creating a little beach

layout it is very similar to another layer I have made but it is a little bit

different it what makes it even more similar is that I am using the same kit

so the same papers and supplies so if you watch my videos regularly you will

think that I have pretty much scrap lifted myself here it is a little bit

different though so hopefully you can bear with me I also apologize for the

ridiculous camera angle we are on I accidentally pulled my phone charger

cord that is connected into my camera at the moment I do notice really soon

though and it goes back to normal so what I am doing is I wanted to make

quite large circles to make into a scallop design and

I don't have a die big enough the diamond press that I have is perfect but it didn't

make circles large enough and I don't have a big shot or a different kind of

die-cutting machine so I am tracing circles and hand cutting those out so

you can see there how many circles I made and how many I had to hand cut out

and now because I traced the circles a couple of them had gray LED edges on

them and I couldn't be bothered rubbing them out and I thought just putting a

bit of momentos ink to make a really nice border might just add a little bit

of something and give their scallops a little bit of a pop so I do go ahead and

put ink edging around each of those scallops as I put them down so I'm just

putting three across the page and this top one I'm trying to line up as

perfectly as I can with the top edge of the page so that I don't have to cut too

much scrap off because I love the size that the circles are I've measured to

make sure that they all the amount of circles I've cut off it perfectly going

vertically down the page I do put them a little bit overlapped next to each other

side by side and tiny bit overlapped underneath each

other just to sort of give that feeling of crushing waves or connection there

between the scallops so as I I decided to start sticking them down and just do

the edges one at a time because I was a bit keen to get going with the layout

and I knew that after hand cutting them all out and tracing them all to then

have to go through and hand edge them all was going to be a little bit of a

pain so I decided to do them as I went just so I felt like I was achieving

something so I just put in a bit of a process shot because I didn't think you

needed to see as I stuck each and every single run down you may have noticed

that I did drop the ink a couple of times on the 12 by 12 page if you are

going to do something like this I do suggest moving your white base page away

and doing it over a different surface so that if you drop the ink container it

doesn't blotch onto your 12 by 12 backing paper because that was a bit of

a pain so I gave the scallops a little bit of dimension by just giving them a

bit of a bend and a bit of a squeeze just have them pop out just a little bit

and I'm now having a play with the branding strips that came off those same

pattern papers so on each side of the page I'm going to put one of the plain

teal or greeny blue backing branding strips down and then the other

collection had some beautiful sayings on the packaging strips on the branding

strips and though you know things about finding paradise and things like that

and because this is a beach layout and we are currently on holidays in the

photograph I just thought they were a perfect addition to the page and it's

just a really cute way of adding an embellishment so I hope I know you can

hear in the background my little man I promise he's not grumpy

he is just singing and talking and just telling it all about it so don't worry

if you hear a little man and he sounds like he's being cheeky that's because he

is being cheeky in the background having a great time

games while this mummy is a bit cheeky yourself and does a recording so as I

said just popping on the branding strips of eight side of the page there just add

a little bit of detail a little bit of embellishing without using

embellishments and then I will soon go on to my photos I'm gonna mention my

photos now because off screen I backed my photographs I using the exact same

paper as you can see there are two layers so I put the dark Tilley blue and

then one of the dark Tilley blue scallop pages and then a lighter color on the

other photograph and I am just popping up the photos with some old thicker

letters that are just really old almost like kids craft letters because I'm out

of specific dimensionals you can see those little letters off to the side

there on the left up at the top on the left-hand side

I had already pre-prepared my heading my heading is nothing exciting it's really

just a location heading and it just says quite a slow beach so I've stuck all

that down and I really want to use this tag so I believe the collection it's

from Kaiser craft I think it's called hood dreamings

or something like that dreams dreaming something like that and it's just a

gorgeous blue collection so I've sort of gone through and had a look at what the

different texts say like so the sayings are and the sentiments in there and I've

got a bit of an idea of which ones I think will match really well with where

we are and what's happening and I really loved that tag and it just said the

perfect sentiment for this layout so I tried really hard to see where I could

fit that in without it looking like it stuck out like a sore thumb and then I'm

just having a play I have used that journaling card and I've mentioned this

before I don't do handwritten journaling on my

pages so it doesn't bother me that I've lost three-quarters of the card

underneath the photograph and that all you can see is the happiness is

section because I know that I'm never actually going to do handwritten

journaling on to my page anyway so that part of the card is a little bit of a

waste for me to use so there was no point in cutting it off and saving it if

it was like a gift tag or something like that not only one of the top and

sticking out I probably would cut off the bottom half of the gift tag and save

it for something else because that is usable for me but journaling cards are

just I just if I had beautiful handwriting then it would be a different

story but unfortunately no so just having a play just sticking some things

down using double-sided tape using some foam tape just to add dimension if I

want things to be stuck on top of the photos I then need to use the foam tape

because the the photos themselves are stuck up on foam and I do that on

purpose with the photos just to give them a little bit of dimension and to

help have them stand out from the page and be a bit more of the focus on the

layout if I'm putting the embellishments underneath the photos then they just

stick with double-sided tape flat down on the page I realize a lot of you guys

already know this but just in case there are some new to scrapbooking people

watching might be a helpful piece of information to find out anyone that

makes their own videos knows that sometimes a bit of a challenge to talk

for 13 minutes about what exactly you're doing it's pretty self-explanatory when

you watch what's happening hopefully a lot of our regular viewers are tired of

the sound of my voice and have worked out they put me on mute and they listen

to music or something else in the background and they just have the visual

going because it's I I love watching other people scrapbooking videos it's

just such a great way to get inspiration and get ideas I don't find that I'm

creative enough to design my own scrapbooking layout straight from off my

brain I need to look at YouTube videos I need to look at Pinterest I need to look

at Facebook groups I need to look at Instagram I don't necessarily copy you

know every single tiny bit from somebody else but I

just gets those creative juices flowing and I think that that is so perfect and

that's why I love so many people having YouTube accounts and so hopefully the

scrappy sisters can also do that for you guys that are scrapbooking at home as

well so anyway carrying on this photo graph

as I said before is my son and my husband and I we're on holidays ad to

Perth and we went on a day trip to cottesloe beach we actually didn't we

went on a day trip to Frio Fremantle and on the way back to where

we were staying in Scarborough we thought we'd stop at cottesloe beach and

it was actually really mean of us to do that because my poor little boy we

hadn't taken his bay this because we hadn't planned on going to the beach and

he so desperately wanted to get in the water he just thought it looked so much

fun and we were not him because it was in his clothes and so he was reaching

for it he was stepping in the waves we did let him get as wet as possible

without being drenched in the car because he did then have to sit in the

car from Collis Lotus Cobra but oh gosh he had a blast

luckily scabrous Beach is beautiful as well so the very next day we took him

down for a swim at the beach in Scarborough but you can't go to Perth

without stopping in to visit cottesloe beach it's just beautiful so shout out

to any purse people and Scarborough people and for people and cottesloe

people and anyone like that that is listening your side of the world your

side of the country is beautiful what am i doing now I have put on some twine to

add to that tag if I'm going to use a tag on a layout I will pretty much

always put on a little bit of twine or a little bit of something I'd help signify

that it's attack but it also just as a really cute I'm special lift to the page

which i think is just lovely and I think I'm almost done I'm now just working on

this middle cluster putting on my last few bits and pieces I do sometimes do

things a little bit harder than they need to be

stick the rock stick things down in the wrong order and then I have to like

fiddle in underneath them but it is a visual thing for me if I need to see the

spacing of how things are going to all fit together so I don't mind the

difference between my sister and I scrapbooking is she can do things in

about a quarter of the time it takes me to do my scrapbooking layouts but we

both love it that doing it in our own way is just perfect

so if you are interested in actually visually seeing the difference between

my sister and a scrapbook we have got this at one only one so far

side-by-side layout hopefully by the time this video goes live we might have

a second one that would be awesome I know you guys enjoyed seeing those and

Katie and I certainly love doing it we don't often get that much time to scrap

together or usually when we see each other we're actually hanging out which

is lovely so yeah that would be cool um so I'm

just up to the last little piece of ephemera there that little love heart

and now I am popping on some enamel dots they're all just sort of blue dearly

colored oh dear did you trip over my foot they're all just sort of blue teal

II colored enamel dots that I'm just hiding in underneath the ephemera and

popping around the page I'm not putting them anywhere special I'm just keeping

them within those clusters so that they all rally so that they all still match

and stay together do you want to come up okay and then putting over a cover over

on top of the photographs so that I don't splash the photographs with Heidi

shine I am adding some teal Heidi shine to these photos I love this color teal

Heidi shine but I really don't use it as often as I should because it's quite

difficult to shake out and it just doesn't splatter as easily as the gold

does but here is my finished piece I hope you have loved watching this video

as much as I've loved making it it was so much fun to do so simple and yet so

striking when you look at it so hopefully you have liked this place

please like and subscribe leave us a comment we loved hearing from you don't

forget to check out our Instagram account as well if you're interested

thanks guys and stay tuned for our next video bye

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét