Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 10, 2017

Waching daily Oct 31 2017

Sorry that's my doorbells just rung. pause this bit, sorry! Alright...

I'm here today with Sid Moore from Moore Accountancy Services in Manchester and

Sid's going to be at our workshop on the 15th of November. So I know Sid

because we're both fellow Sage business experts, which is fitting because this is

a SageBizMeetup so I thought we'd have a chat beforehand. I know you've been

doing some professional video for Sage which must be, is it scary? It was I'm an

accountant you know, I'm good with numbers,

not so good talking to people on video and on camera and I'm always very

conscious that I speak too fast and I look silly and my glasses reflect

everything and things like that so I was nervous and to be honest I often still

am nervous it's just something you just have to

deal with I guess if you want to get products out there and if you want to be

able to issue a video. And I think it does, I think that's one of the reasons

people procrastinate about video they it's kind of like you think all these

other things are in the way of you doing it but in fact it's because you're

scared. I'm imagining though for you having like a big crew with lights and

cameras and everything show up in your offices was... It was exciting actually

because me and the team were like oh my God lets put lots of makeup on and do

things like that and I think often when you work from home it's just you guys

and you could be wearing pajamas and who knows, you can still get your accounts

done or the service whatever you're providing still gets done, so we were

really excited but then when the reality came about and they were setting things

up with the bright lights and changing your body to get the right angle and

things like that, that's when I started getting really really scared and I think

it was just the the oh my God what's happening next and and how are people gonna

perceive me on camera that I found quite nerve-racking. And obviously the oh my

God what's gonna happen next is something we can solve if you do our

video workshop because you're in control nobody else is. But then getting over the

nerves is there anything you did that you found help have felt because was the

more than one video shoot or did they shoot them all at once?

Okay so I've done two videos for external parties one was for

Sage and on that one they did one long video shoot so it's really about an hour

and a half which felt even longer in reality and it was a case of two people

were there, one was asking questions, one was doing the filming and they were both

mucking around with the lighting and setting it all up and even for them

actually there was so much stuff that they had to do that didn't even involve

me that was really exciting but that sort of, in a way built up the

nervousness, because you're like when am I going to come onto here when am I

going to be doing it? So I found that a bit a bit, I was weary about

that. And then the other time was for the Business Browth Hub and they did a long

video interview then. And they did it in one long session but in two or three

different parts of the office in the house and so actually that felt a bit

more relaxed because it was broken up more and it was more about me and the

business so I felt more comfortable what I was talking about and because you can

talk about yourself quite easily can't you you know? So I found that a bit

easier and the fact that it got broken up into smaller chunks

I found that easy to deal with as well rather than one long chunk.

Yeah and I think that's something Eamonn talks about on the workshop as well, you

know how you can break things into chunks because the other thing is if

you're giving advice or instructions I think very often I know this is

something Eamonn says as well, you start speaking really fast because you've got to

remember what is it you're gonna say and then your eyes start going to heaven or

just that like that squinty look I did, so I think for me in particular because

I have a memory like a sieve, I think that's great advice.

So Sage are there, big camera, we will get over Sage in a minute but they're very big

camera, lights, you're nervous did you do anything to stop being nervous or did

they give you anything that you could do? They beforehand had given me a list of

questions that they were going to ask which helps because it gave, you had time

then to obviously plan, it wasn't a spur of the moment and so they kept saying in

between you know, look through your notes if you want to, so I think that helped focus

me because I had crib notes I could just go

oh yes, I'm talking about that VAT next oh yes blah blah blah

and that broke things down a little bit and made things easier. And then they

just kept saying say it again, say it again and actually they were looking for a certain

product a certain way of me talking, which you start talking things go off on a

tangent and I found actually we had to re-record things quite a few times, you

know how in always outtakes and videos you have, cut one, cut two? I was like

oh my God was that cut five? By that time you've forgotten what you said the first time which they then said

was really really good, can we go back to that one? And you're like I can't remember

this is like, how much better remember I said and I think you think keeping the

notes helped but obviously one sentence you say it one way you intercept a

different word into it the whole tone changes and you can't avoid that so

hopefully their video editing is great. I'm sure it is so they're not up yet? No

they come out this season. Woohoo you know we'll have to share those when

they come up. Now this has hopefully you've got the taste for video now, we

don't need the big cameras or the lights because what Go Do Video about is just

being able to create it from your phone for, we say next to no budget because we

do show you some things you can buy if you want to upgrade. So you're coming to

the workshop, we're delighted that you're coming. Really excited. What are you

looking forward to learning from the workshop? A couple of different things

and I think obviously the videos I've done already have been for external

third parties I want to have to put some video onto my own website or onto my own

YouTube link so I guess content. I'm a service industry and quite a dry

subject how do you make tax sound exciting? So ways of thinking about that,

maybe brainstorming and planning content. it's a big thing for me and then -

technically I'm great on computers I'm great on Excel and all that stuff but

actually the backend on and how to get it on to YouTube or on to my website and

then drive traffic to it because yeah it's great being on camera but the end

goal is to market your business and your product so it's really how I can develop

that and understand that as well. There's my big things I want to take out.

Brilliant, I think we can sort that for you. Where can we find you

online? We're at www.mooreaccountancy.co.uk and on Twitter I'm @sidmooremanc

OK, really looking forward to seeing you, thanks a million. See you laters

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét