Thứ Ba, 30 tháng 10, 2018

Waching daily Oct 31 2018

in this video I'm going to show you how to easily add captions to your YouTube

videos be sure to stay until the end so that you can grab my free Content

calendar cheat sheet and get started today

hey there my name is Lindsey and I'm an online educator over at Hazel Haven dot com

I help small business owners learn how to grow their online presence with

confidence through things like these YouTube videos as well as my membership

community called Action Taker Haven

okay confession the first time I uploaded a

YouTube video I didn't really know that you could edit your captions

YouTube just Auto they like auto- generate your captions

and this is really embarrassing...

but one day I was watching a video

one of my own videos and I didn't

have the sound on but I had the captions on

this one video i have one video

I have one video that was like over 10,000 views and I started watching it

and I was like oh my gosh

so it started playing and you know where I was saying hey there it's Lindsey

it had auto corrected and it said hey there I'm stinky!!

and I was like what?

are you kidding me this is like my highest performing video on YouTube and it

says I'm stinky like oh my gosh it was horrible it's horrible

so I quickly

learned how to edit my captions and

so what you want to do is you want to go to

the video you want to edit and hit edit video

and then up here where it says

subtitles and CC click on that

and then you can edit your captions

it's usually good to just hit and new and then you can come in here and you can

play your video and you can type in your captions

if you've already have your captions in there you can edit them so click up here

to edit and then when it doesn't grey out anymore

then you can come in here

and edit your captions and make sure that your name is correct and everything else

it's super simple to do it this way but I'm going to show you another way

that I like to use through a cool tool

and then when you're done just hit

publish and that's it

so now I always make sure that it says

hey there it's Lindsey

and it doesn't say hey there I'm stinky

uh yeah

so if you are like me and

you've ever had a really embarrassing autocorrect for your YouTube videos let

me know in the comments below what your embarrassing autocorrect was so I can

get a kick out of it!

Now... my favorite favorite favorite tool to use for captions is

called Rev. It's rev dot com

and what is really cool about this is that after you've uploaded

your video to YouTube instead of you having to rewatch it and type and edit

all your captions you can send your video directly to Rev and they have somebody

watch it and transcribe it and um they used to just send you the SRT file and then

you could upload it to YouTube but now now they have this awesome feature where

they can upload it directly to YouTube for you it's amazing

so another thing to

keep in mind when you have captions is that you know not everyone who is

watching your videos can hear

you know they might have hearing loss or they

might be deaf or you know they might just be at work and can't you

know watch your video with sound

you want to make sure that when you are

creating your videos that you include captions

so that you know no matter who's watching your video

can still watch it by having your closed captions down there

I know it might sound really silly but it really means a lot to

people watching your videos I mean I can't tell you how many times I have

come across videos and they don't have closed captions I won't even watch

them and you know because sometimes you're just sitting there and you don't

want to turn your sound on so just kind of keep that in mind the next time

you create your videos and be sure to add your captions

Hopefully that was helpful for you

if I come across anything else you know I'll definitely

pop it in the comments below or in the description but I really do appreciate

you watching me and

hopefully I am NOT stinky

and you will remember me as Lindsey

okay so let me know what is the worst autocorrection

you've had on your captions let me know below

alright have a good one see you next time. bye.

clapping {upbeat music}

video and this video in this video

it has hi there this is you know

so now I always make sure that it says hey there it's Lindsey and it doesn't

say hey there I'm stinky uh yeah

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét